Friday, October 31, 2008

stepping stones to wisdom



Here is a picture of my "Alice in Wonderland" I felt so connected to the Tartar book of fairytales, a feeling that you get from a book that delights and lets you in on all the minute details that may or may not matter to the book as a whole is nice, they are there for the taking yet aren't an integral part to the story; they remind me of the Tidbits. The Tidbits is a news column that has little 'tidbits' of information in them which is why, in the end I decided to buy The Annotated Alice. This fascination with tidbits, small facts of such minute information how could they hardly help or be interesting? Well I will tell you... they seem to open up your mind to endless possibilities. I feel myself scanning over them after I have read and interpreted a passage in whatever way my mind put the pieces together and the tidbits are almost a stepping stone to keep my thoughts, my ideas moving, sometimes they help and sometimes they hinder. These 'stepping stones' also remind me of Alice In Sunderland. Yet I have only made it a few short pages into this book it feels to take the same structure as this idea of 'stepping stones.' Except with Sunderland the 'stepping stones' are right in the text, no sidebar needed. It is like the idea of six degrees of seperation where the degrees are plotted for us and all it takes on our part are the 'steps.'

No comments: