Monday, October 27, 2008

My Book and Heart Shall Never Part response


The most interesting thing of My Book and Heart Shall never Part for me was the cap the small child was made to wear that had a message on each of the three sides; one side said "It is fifty to one but you are," another said " I'll consider it," and the last said "I may be wrong." These sayings, usually put on a type of thinking cap was most notably written down in The History of Little Goody Two Shoes which is why it seems so relevent to the class. A cap and saying like this was eluded to in some Sherlock Holmes books I used to read as a child where Sherlock would settle down in his smoking jacket to consider difficult 'three-pipe' problems. It is fascinating to see a connection like this, where in my child hood I used to religiously read all of the Sherlock Holmes mysteries, I grow up to settle them in the back of my mind to collect dust, I take a class involved with children's literature wherein the professor of this course makes a movie that has a cap that Sherlock Holmes used or was used as a type of model for his and other peoples ways of figuring out problems.

No comments: