Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dreams...

There is one dream, or I guess a nightmare is what you would call it, that I had when I was young and for some reason I have always remembered the dream. I can't really recollect any other dreams or at least to the clarity that I still can recollect this one. Before the dream begins a little background information on my day before this night, at least to the extent that I can remember. I had watched the movie the Burbs with Tom Hanks as the lead actor.

In the movie Tom Hanks (spoiler report!) is living next to a bunch of murderers that have killed a bunch of people and are cremating them in their basement and burying them under the foundation.
In my dream I am being carried by a bunch of small men. The men were really small, and resembled a cross between the Ewoks in the movie Star Wars with the sand people in the movie Star Wars. So these small men were carrying me, about 6-8 of them, and they are carrying me to this huge grill, probably big enough to roast 3 children, and the grill is situated in the back yard of the murderers house in The Burbs. And then right when they were lowering me on I woke up.
I am not sure why I always remember this dream, possibly because when I woke up I was so freaked out that it was real it, in a way, burned itself into my mind. It is still kind of scary for me to this day.
I think this might be why we have dreams, in my notes from Nov. 7th I wrote down that "terror into art, only way to deal w/ terror." When looking at my dream it seems that this is what happened. My mind was so terrified about these killers, possibly because it was happening in a relatively safe neighborhood like where I was living that it turned it into a dream, a 'dealable' option for me so I could cope with it in a way. If dreams and art are connected it seems that all of the themes through the class could be connected, art-dream, coincidence obviously ties in with those two, so three out of five isn't bad.

Here's a link to a clip from The Burbs, it seems like a much funnier movie now...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik4fILNVdRE

No comments: